Subject: Re: PAR & AD516
From: [email-masked] (Animation Productions)
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 1995 10:10:32

In article  [email-masked] writes:
>>From [email-masked] Mon Jul 10 01:39 EST 1995

>             I just bought a Sunrize AD516 card to use with my PAR and
>can't find any info in either manual on how to make them record or playback
>simultaneously.  I tried to set up an Arexx track on the AD516 and give it
>a port name of DDR and a command of PLAY,  and it does recognize the port,
>but the PAR doesn't respond.  What am I doing wrong?  Are there any other
>programs that can be used to run the two of them together?  I tried Digital
>Soundtrack and still no luck. Please let me know.  Thanks.

>Bruce B. Mittelman

>Creative Force Associates

Page 47 of your PAR reference, under "SMPTE"

I have exactly the same setup and they seem to get along fine with playback, 
(ie. run Studio16 then run PAR, hit the SMPTE button, loop button and play 
button), your PAR should infrom you if it can't find the AD516.
Make sure your playing back the PAR anim using Studio16 rather than PAR 
(Studio controls PAR .. NOT vice versa).
As for recording studio at the same time as PAR, never tried it. Had no need. 
I usually creat my Soundtrack/samples first, do the Animation, then tween 
studio16 to be on the dot.
Please dont tell me you want to use PAR for editing sound & Graphics 
simultaneously, the fact is, PAR is ver much an ANIMATION RECORDER, and has 
very limited and loooooonnng editing features (Cuts only, except using 
Hollywood FX etc.)

Geoff Suttor
Animation Productions.

--
[email-masked] (Animation Productions) sent this message.
To Post a Message           : [email-masked]
Un/Subscription Requests To : [email-masked]
(DIGEST)                 or : [email-masked]
Administrative Items To     : [email-masked]